Permits & Zoning Application
The goal of the Building Department is to assist developers and landowners in the development and growth of Wetumpka, while maintaining the cleanliness and integrity the citizens deserve.
Building Department responsibilities include:
- Issues electrical, plumbing, mechanical, gas, building, and street cutting permits.
- Reviews and approves building plans, site plans, and landscape plans
- Determines what items are to go before Wetumpka Planning Board and Board of Adjustment
- Enforces adherence to zoning regulations as appropriate.
- Makes interpretations of zoning ordinance as they apply to construction
- Assures construction is compliant with ICC codes
- Works with FEMA to supply information to citizens concerning flood elevations and Special Hazard Evaluation.
- Canvasses the city for code violations
- Issues condemnation notices on unsafe structures
The City of Wetumpka requires permits be taken out for work performed in the city limits. Contractors must have a current City of Wetumpka license and work should meet the following standards adopted by the City. They are as follows:
2015 International Residential Code
2015 International Building Code
2015 International Existing Building Code
2015 International Fire Code
2015 International Mechanical Code
2015 International Plumbing Code
2015 International Fuel Gas Code
2014 National Electrical Code