The City of Wetumpka is dedicated to minimizing the loss of life and property that is associated with flooding events. Education and prevention are valuable and proven tools that help communities become resistant to these natural disasters.
The City of Wetumpka recognizes there are potential flooding hazards, in the River Region.
The following information has been provided as a public service.
(click on any of the following links for further information)
Elmore County Emergency Management / Homeland Security
For more information about flood insurance contact : http://www.fema.gov
Important Useful Websites
If you live in a flood prone area you may want to consider altering your building to help prevent
or reduce damage.
1. Elevating the building so that flood waters do not enter or reach any damageable portion of it.
2. Constructing barriers out of fill or concrete between the building and flood waters.
3. “Dry floodproofing” to make the building walls and floors watertight so water does not enter,
4. “Wet floodproofing” to modify the structure and relocate the contents so that when flood waters
enter the building there is little or no damage.
5. Preventing basement flooding from sewer backup or sump pump failure.
For more information, contact Stacey Carter at 334-567-1303. Visit the building department website listed under City Departments
Flood Damage Prevention
Ordinance NO. 2012-12
Ordinance 2012-12 You will need Adobe Acrobat Viewer to view or print these files.
Load time about 30 seconds; Cable, 1 minute; DSL, up to 5 minutes; Dail-Up. Thank